Sunday, February 11, 2018

Piles of prunings.

I finished pruning and tying down Vinoland's Pinot grigio vines today.  The vines are all seemingly healthy and robust, so there was a lot of wood to prune off.  The pruned wood is now neatly piled, at each end of the rows, awaiting Vinomaker and his chipper.
I'm always filled with a moderate sense of accomplishment when I am finished with one varietal, especially when I've had a relatively straight forward time of it.  And happy that I didn't even get a blister.  Phew!
Now on to the Syrah vines...

4 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG:
Thought I might add some sounds to the story's ambiance:

Towhee

Vinodog-pretend

Vinogirl said...

NHW: The California towhees are very active right now. I have to prune the trumpet vines soon because the towhees love to make their nest in them (as well as the Syrah). Also V2 is very active right now; barking at deer, squirrels, vultures, quail, well, just about anything really!

Thud said...

That would fire up lovely in a pizza oven.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Eventually, they're quite green right now.