Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Shrovetide sunset.

It hasn't rained in almost a week, yay!  Since last Thursday it has been frosty every morning and sunny every afternoon - my favourite type of winter weather.  Consequently, pruning has resumed in the valley: the east side of the local Far Niente Chardonnay vineyard was pruned today.
Vinodog 2 and I had a lovely walk after I got home from work, enjoying the rich hues that the setting sun cast over Mt. George and the eastern hills.  Then it was home for dinner and pancakes, yum!

2 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

I've often wondered what kind of wine to pair with pancakes! Since pure maple syrup goes with all my pancakes, and more often than not a good smoked bacon, I'd have to try it with this:
Moscato
You've got me enjoying your weather with you and Vino II. :)

Vinogirl said...

NHW: 'Pancake Tuesday' pancakes are more similar to crêpes than American pancakes.
The only time I (halfheartedly) put a little effort into wine-pairing pancakes I chose a CS, simply because that is what I had open at the time. I eat them too quickly to bother with wine.