Thursday, December 17, 2015

The final.

Tonight was the final week of my wine marketing class - and the night I had to take the final exam.  I think I did alright, it was a fairly straight forward test on all of the topics covered over the entirety of the semester.
At the end of the exam, there was a question for extra credit.  The question was: Who said, "The medium is the message"?  Well, I could not for the life of me recall who had rambled off that particular, little expression.  I had written the quote down, but not the author, Marshall McLuhan.  I can't remember whether or not that I had felt that it wasn't important at the time to jot down a name.  Or that perhaps at that particular moment the instructor was speaking faster than my note taking ability.  Or even if I simply did not know how to even spell McLuhan, (Mc and Mac names can, at times, be bothersome).  I do know I won't be getting that extra point.  And I'll remember Mr. McLuhan from this point forward.
Anyway, school's out.  Whoo hoo!  Now the Christmas festivities can begin in earnest.

5 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Merry Christmas to you and all yours, to Thomas and ALW!
Did you print-out that label?

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Yea, it's amazing what you can do, with a cheap printer and a glue stick, when you have no other inspiration for a photograph. Tee, hee.

Thomas said...

A great holiday to all VG's commenters and family--and to VG, of course, and VM.

I'll be scarce, but will pop in from time to time.

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: Thank you, and the same to you and yours. But it's early days yet, you'll be back around Christmas Day won't you?

Thud said...

Merry xmas Thomas.