Tuesday, February 10, 2015

About that Franciacorta stuff.

Everything one could possibly want to know about Franciacorta, the sparkling wine that hails from the province of Brescia in Lombardy, can now be found at 'franciacorta: the real story'. Jeremy Parzen, Ph.D. (aka Do Bianchi) has recently been tasked with getting the word out about this wonderfully elegant bubbly.  In a recent post on Jeremy's blog there are several links to the Franciacorta consortium's new Facebook page and Twitter account, etc., where one can read the 'real story' behind this intriguing wine/appellation.  Or just look at some rather pretty photographs.
In my wine cooler, at this very moment, I have a bottle of Contadi Castaldi Stile Franciacorta Brut which will be quaffed this coming weekend.  I have had this particular wine before and although I'd like to try a Franciacorta from a different producer, alas, this one was all that was available in my local-ish BevMo.  (But at $19.99 - regular price, not sale - I am not complaining.) Hopefully, further promotion of this delightful wine will lead to more Franciacorta wines being available in the U.S.  Go 2B!

6 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Thanks for the link! Recently 2B also did a similar post on Prosecco; well done!

GenuineFranciacorta said...

Go Franciacorta Go!Have a nice day Vinogirl!

Thud said...

sounds good.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Franciacorta and Prosecco are very different wines, remember.
I just counted, I have written 5 posts about Franciacorta...I really like it.

Nana B: Thank you and welcome to Vinsanity!
Are you 'Genuinefranciacorta'? If so, can you make it so that I can comment on your blog (which I love). Saw Signor Arcari in one of your photographs :)

Thud: You have to do some research and see what producers are available in your local wine shop (for my next visit).

Do Bianchi said...

Vinogirl, thank you so much for this. Some how I have a feeling that we might get to taste some Franciacorta together before year's end.

Happy V-Day in Vinoland! :) Thanks again!

Vinogirl said...

2B: I hope we do :)
Happy St. Valentine's Day to you and the girls :)