Thursday, July 31, 2014

Drinking in Las Vegas.

Last night, whilst the majority of my family toddled off up The Strip to see the musical-fountain extravaganza at the Bellagio Hotel, I took my mother, aka Vinomum, for a drink at our hotel's bar.
The Mandarin Bar, located on the 23rd floor of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, is a lovely place to enjoy a glass of wine and the bright lights of Sin City.  Floor to ceiling windows ensured that my mother and I were able to drink in the unimpeded sights of some of the goings-on on the Las Vegas Strip.  My mother had a pleasant glass of Okanagan Estates Merlot and I had a glass of The Federalist Zinfandel (sorry, did not pay attention to the respective vintages).  Once again, I really enjoyed The Federalist and it paired wonderfully with the appetisers I chose for our big girl's soirĂ©e. 
Bottoms up, mother!

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

So glad for you!
Was it the drinking that accounts for the "toddled off up"?

Trubes said...

Cheers Vino Girl and your dear Mama xx

Vinogirl said...

NHW: No, just another word for walked.

Trubes: Thank you, we had fun.