Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Disgusting!

This is simply disgusting.  Whilst catching up my reading of a few wine related articles at breakfast, I saw this photograph on wineindustryadvisor.com and let me tell you, it nearly put me off my bran flakes.  Disgusting, I tell ya!
Identified as an Araneus, this two inch long aracnid was found bottoms up, so to speak, by a man in Bristol, England, in a bottle of Tesco Finest white wine he had taken to his mother-in-law's birthday party.  Surprise!
Photo credit:  Adam Gray

7 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

I have arachnophobia!
Does this mean you are trying to keep me away! ;-)

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Me too. It's so disgusting I feel like staying away from my own blog!

New Hampshire Wineman said...

LOL!

Thud said...

Your earwig vintage was much worse....just what percentage of earwig juice is allowed?

About Last Weekend said...

Wait! Bran flakes and not weetabix? have you lost your Britosky?

Do Bianchi said...

hey Vino Girl, sorry to bug you but I sent you an email and didn't hear back. Need to get in touch with you.

thanks so much.

jparzen [at gee mail]

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Wasn't Vinoland's grapes and it is long gone. I'll have to check with the ABC about allowable percentages of any insect in a wine.

ALW: Sorry, Jody, never liked Weetabix. I was a 'Ready brek' kid.

2B: I'm on to it!