Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sweet Sixteen.

My birthday princess, V1, is celebrating her 16th birthday today.  Old Brownie is not the dog she once was, but at 112 in people years she's doing relatively fine.  Well, V1 now totters about like some old dear in ill-fitting high heels; her bark, of late, resembles that of a hoarse, demented sealion; and her rear caboose is a bit loose (get my drift?) in that it can't be trusted for any longer than 3 hours in the house.  But all in all, she is doing great for a dog of her age - her appetite is still good, she continues to be irritated by a certain neighbour when they drive past Vinoland and, most importantly, she's been right there alongside me as I prune my way through the grapevines.  She's a great dog.
Happy birthday V1!

5 comments:

About Last Weekend said...

Oh happy birthday dear lovely pooch. My dog is the only one in the house (besides husband) that is happy to see me these days and he keeps me going. "Well, V1 now totters about like some old dear in ill-fitting high heels; her bark, of late, resembles that of a hoarse, demented sealion; and her rear caboose is a bit loose (get my drift?) " happens to the best of us doesn't it. that's where we all end up (if we're lucky!)

Thomas said...

16--wonderful longevity.

Thud said...

Hang in there girl!

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Digital hugs from NH!
Dog people are often wine people, and often they are all the best dogs and people around!

Vinogirl said...

ALW: Yes, if we're lucky :)

Tomasso: Napa Valley living is good for you :)

Thud: By a thread!

NHW: I think that's a compliment :) There's something wrong with people who don't like dogs, isn't there?