Friday, March 07, 2014

Pinot grigio: Version 2014.

A little more than bud-swell, slowly but surely Vinoland's Pinot grigio vines are experiencing budbreak.  As usual, I finished pruning the Pinot grigio vines, and tying down the canes with Vinomaker's help, just in time for this important stage of the vine's development.  It's quite difficult to tie down canes when the buds have already started to push because there is the danger of knocking the buds off. 
The weather has cooled down a bit and more rain is forecast for this weekend, so I think I am on schedule to finish pruning all of Vinoland about the same time as last year (March 30th).  I think I have plenty of time, at the rate I am going, to finish pruning before the Cabernet Sauvignon (CS) and Syrah vines become enthused.  I am a little under half way through the CS vines (which still seem to be snoozing), but unfortunately I have to work at TWWIAGE today and won't be able to do anything in the vineyard.  It's OK, I'm not panicking.  I repeat, I am not panicking.

2 comments:

Thud said...

Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring!

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I could do with some help from 'Dad's Army' right about now.