Thursday, October 10, 2013

The happiest of industries.

I love the wine-industry, wine-folks are just so darned happy, and helpful. Whilst quaffing a couple of Pinot grigios, Vinomaker wondered out loud what the TA and pH could possibly be in the two nicely balanced wines before us (a 2010 Swanson and a 2012 Gargiulo).   "Let's ask," I say.  So I emailed Chris Phelps, winemaker at Swanson Vineyards, and Kristof Anderson, winemaker at Gargiulo Vineyards, to inquire if they could give me some specific numbers for their respective wines. Lickety split, both of my emails were answered: neither of these winemakers hesitated when it came to answering my paltry query...and this is their busiest time of the year!  Definitely a healthier display of bonhomie than in my previous career of banking.
Thanks lads, it's so gratifying to know that you both enjoy your jobs so much that you'll share your expertise with anybody.   Happy, indeed.

6 comments:

Thud said...

Busy? pick,crush....drink!

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I've seen days when a certain winery can process 110 tons of fruit...little bit busier than Vinoland!

Thomas said...

The difference, dear Vinogirl, is that winemakers have answers--bankers, not so much!

Thud said...

busier? pick lots,crush lots....drink more!

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Bonhomie always make me happyyyy!
V-girl, I think John Denver could have fashioned a song out of that8-)

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: I always had answers :)

Thud: Lots more.

NHW: John Denver sleeps with the fishes, he's not so happy anymore.